The most common reasons why people want to immigrate to this country is to be with family. Family-based immigration is a special process that involves a family immigration petition. Often families get separated when one or more people leave to find work, get married, go to school, or other reasons. Legal immigration is the proper way to help reunite loved ones. At The Monterrosa Firm, we work diligently to help families stay together or get back together. We can help you to complete the correct immigration forms to make this happen with family-based green cards.

What are Fiancé Visas and Marriage Visas?

When you’re looking to rebuild your family in the United States, there are many laws and restrictions that can prevent you from doing so. However, with an experienced immigration lawyer on your side, you can understand what will affect you and the best way to prepare moving here. We know that each case is different, so it’s important to take time to have a phone consultation to discuss your concerns, answer questions, and to clarify your goals for immigration. For each family member, we can help you file the proper petitions including those for parents, siblings, fiancés, and spouses.

A fiancé visa involves a K-1 nonimmigrant visa that states that you and a fiancé must get married within 90 days of entering America. If this occurs, they can apply for a lawful permanent resident status in the United States. A marriage visa involves a K-3 nonimmigrant visa that is issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the entire visa process is completed, the spouse can travel to the country to wait for processing because of the open visa case. Two petitions are required with this: the petition for an alien fiancé and petition for an alien relative.

Hire an Immigrant Attorney to Help With Family-Based Green Card Applications

When it comes to immigration, having an experienced attorney by your side who understands immigration laws is important. At The Monterrosa Firm, we offer family-based immigration services. To schedule an important phone consultation with our bilingual lawyer today, call 310-601-3143.