Immigration Appeals Attorney in Los Angeles

Sometimes, so as to obtain or reserve your immigration status, certain waivers and appeals must be filed. Things like green card appeals, health waivers, overstay waivers, or other immigration appeals should always be handled by a qualified  immigration attorney in California. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Monterrosa Law, we have experience with many types of legal immigration here in the United States and can guide you through the various processes that may arise during your stay. From heading your appeal of a court decision, to properly filing for a visa extension, you can count on us to take good care of you. Also, we are a bilingual law team, meaning we are Spanish-speaking and can ensure your voice is heard at all times.

Navigating Green Card Appeals and Immigration Court Appeals

The Board of Immigration Appeals can be a frustrating place and your immigration process may encounter roadblocks under various circumstances. Don’t try to handle your waivers and appeals on your own. Instead, trust us to help you navigate these complex forms and provide you representation in court when needed. We know that each and every immigration case is different, and we will take the time to understand your individual needs so we can create the best possible outcome for you during your green card appeals or immigration court appeals process. When you are trying to make your case for staying in the United States, allow a savvy immigration lawyer to take the lead.

You are always eligible to file an appeal or a motion. An appeal is a request to a different authority to review your decision. You can appeal certain decisions to the USCIS Administrative Appeals Office or the Board of Immigration Appeals directly. An immigration attorney will know who to appeal to and how to successfully complete the complicated process. A motion is a request to the office to review the decision. With certain exceptions, you can file a motion to either reopen or to reconsider if you have received an unfavorable decision within your particular case. You can file a motion even if your case isn’t eligible for appeal at all.

Laws Regarding Visa Extensions

One of our immigration attorneys can also help you with visa extensions. If you want to extend your stay here, you must file a request with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on Form I-539. If you want to remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or may be removed from the country.

You may apply to extend your visa if:

  • You were lawfully admitted to the country
  • Your nonimmigrant visa status is valid
  • You haven’t committed any crimes here
  • You haven’t violated the conditions of your admission in any way
  • AND your passport is valid and remains valid throughout the duration of your stay

Hire an Expert Immigration Attorney Today

If you or someone you love is facing an unfavorable decision and needs to file an appeal or other immigration-related waiver, get in touch with us right away. Monterrosa Law is here for you, so don’t wait to request your free consultation! Call 310-601- 3143 today.

Request a Consultation

Call us at 310.601.3143