Certain orders are modifiable by California courts after a final judgment has been made concerning a family dynamic. The most common areas for post-judgment modification include child support orders, spousal support orders, and custody or visitation orders. This parenting time modification will change how much time the child spends with each parent, how the parents make decisions, and the overall parenting plan for the child and his or her parents. A parenting time modification can be requested at any time.

When Can You File Parenting Time Modification?

You may seek this modification of child custody or visitation orders any time. The court may find that a modification is necessary if it is in the child’s best interest. The parent who is seeking the child custody modification will need to show the court a change of circumstances. This can include:

  • The non-custodial parent’s work schedule changed
  • The non-custodial parent moved closer
  • The child’s preference has changed
  • One parent is being irresponsible
  • A parent seeks relocation with the child (a move away case)

Talk to an Experienced Family Lawyer Today

We at The Monterrosa Firm have years of experience and the skills needed to represent individuals in child visitation or child custody issues. We can help you work with the other parent to get the results you’re looking for and produce the best outcome for the child. To have a phone consultation with one of our professional family law attorneys who is well versed in dealing with family issues like this, call 310-601-3143 today. We serve clients in Woodland Hills, Chatsworth, Canoga Park, Van Nuys, Reseda, City of Industry, La Habra, Down Town Los Angeles, North Hollywood, Inglewood, Lincoln Park, Hacienda Heights, Anaheim, Lynwood, Highland Park, South Gate, and Canoga Park.